Because housework is a drag….
- Read for fun or personal development
- Watch Netflix/Hulu
- Complete online Spanish lessons
- Meditate or practice yoga
- Make some educational activity for him
- Dance around
- Take a nice long shower
It’s the little things…..
I just felt like highlighting some of the places that I’ve come to love on those days when I want to get out and let someone else make my food (I just had lunch so food is on my brain).
1. Chipotle – I LOVE Chipotle. I have for some time now and that love didn’t die when I stopped eating meat; I just changed what I order. I used to get a chicken bowl, now I just get a veggie bowl loaded with black beans and lettuce (and usually without rice). The Chipotle by my job even offers a meat substitute, but I prefer getting the veggie bowl cause then I don’t have to pay extra for guacamole.
2. Salad Creations – This is probably my FAVORITE place to go for lunch (there’s one close to my job). Anything you can think to put on a salad they have. Plus they have red wine and balsamic vinegar for those days when I don’t want a fatty dressing.
3. zpizza – I lived right by a zpizza for years and never tried it until after I gave up meat & dairy and learned they offer a dairy free cheese substitute. Now I love this place. Every pizza I’ve had here has been delicious. Like most other pizza places, they have online ordering and delivery.
4. Subway – When ever I want to spend no more than $5 on lunch, I go to Subway. The Veggie Delite does me right.
5. Veggie Grill – Every now and then I get the hankerin’ for a burger, just without the meat (and the fat and the cholesterol that comes with it). When I do, I usually go to Veggie Grill for lunch. While this isn’t my favorite vegan restaurant, it does have a number of tasty menu items that I enjoy.
6. Native Foods Cafe – Ok, THIS in my favorite vegan restaurant so far. If only there were one close to me… *sigh* Going to Native Foods is always a treat. It’s great for omnis and carnis alike. I’ve taken a few friends there and they all liked what they had.
7. “Ethnic” Restaurants – Why does it seem like every other type of cuisine is 20-times more vegetarian friendly than American cuisine? If going out, I love places that serve Thai, Greek/Mediterranean, Indian, Afghan/Pakistan, etc… Point being I can usually find some great “fare” at a restaurant that serves food other than American.
8. Burger Joints – So now that I’ve talked all this mess about American cuisine, I will say that most burger chains (think Red Robin, Johnny Rockets, etc) do offer a veggie burger. This usually isn’t my first choice of places to go (I’d much rather hit up Native Foods for a “Chicken Run Ranch Burger”), but if I’m with people who want to go to a burger place or if I want a burger, but don’t wanna make it and don’t feel like driving to LA or the OC, I’ll just settle for the nearest burger place that’ll give me a veggie patty.
So there’s my list. I’m sure this list will grow as I continue trying new places, but this is what it is for now.
Since my birthday is 19 days away, I thought that I would provide a few ideas as you’re considering what to get me 🙂
Okay…. this list can go on, but I’ll stop it here
1. New couch (I really want a sectional)
3. New end tables
4. Flatscreen TV
5. Basically I want to revamp my entire living room….
6. A maid
7. New bed
8. Windows 7 for my desktop
9. Summer vacation
10. Nap time at work
11. New wardrobe with clothes that fit
12. To get paid for doing nothing
13. An apartment with in unit washer/dryer
14. A dishwasher
15. The ability to selectively read minds…..