For a long time now, I’ve had one simple aspiration: to bake my own bread. Given that I was having a “domestic day” today, I thought I would try to accomplish this goal by baking a zucchini bread. Let’s just say today’s attempt was… a little less than successful. The taste was good, but the consistency was all wrong. It wasn’t even bread-y, it was mushy. I should have maybe tried putting it back in the oven for a while, but I didn’t cause it was crispy on the outside. Oh well. I’m sure it doesn’t help that I replaced both the egg and the sugar in the recipe. I guess I’ll have to do a little more research on how to properly use the replacements…. Till then, here are some pictures of today’s little trial
All ready to go!
The batter before putting it in the oven
The final product. Ummm, I think it was supposed to get a little bigger and fluffy-er. It was too dense and not cooked all the way through, too squishy