Night and Day

Last night I had what I would call a bad night. It wasn’t bad because I ate a small turkey & cheese sandwich my aunt left at my place, it was bad because I ate three of these little sandwiches… and a half pound of grapes, and two bowls full of beans and salsa and some of the tortilla chips my aunt left, ALL after 9:00pm. That is what I consider a bad night. At some point, I think it was about half way through the first bowl of beans, I realized that I wasn’t actually hungry, but I couldn’t stop myself. I am almost certain that I was “emotionally eating,” I’m just not sure why. When I finally stopped eating, I tried to think about what could be causing this binge. I didn’t get too far though, I was too tired to think.

To make up for it, I decided to go for a run in the morning, clear my head. I love running in the morning. The area I live in is very hilly and it makes for a nice run.

This is the view from the top of the hill, the halfway point for my morning runs.

Anyhow, I wasn’t able to figure out exactly what was going on with me last night, but I did feel a lot better. This definitely reflected in what I ate today. After my run, I had a pineapple papaya smoothie. It was yummy, of course. Then I made a simple tabbouleh, without the bulgur, and a veggie wrap for lunch. The tabbouleh turned out pretty good, especially considering the fact that I followed the recipe very loosely.

The wrap was ok. It had red bell peppers, green bell peppers, carrots, tomatoes, micro greens and alfalfa sprouts. I made my own spread out of chickpeas, dijon mustard, rice vinegar and Mrs Dash seasonings. I think I should have used apple cider vinegar, it needed some sort of sweet. Whelp, I know for next time.

Dinner, I think, was the highlight. I made mushroom sandwiches with tomato, micro greens and an avocado mayo. I had initially put alfalfa sprouts on the sandwich too, but took them off because it didn’t really go. The bread is an all grain, flourless bread from Food for Life.

I also tried making my own baked potato chips. They weren’t as crispy as I hoped because I got kinda impatient and took them out before they were done. They were still tasty though. Maybe next time I’ll cut them thinner…. or just wait till they’re done.

Overall, I’d say I had a pretty good day that makes up for the fact that I was a complete pig last night. As long as I have more days like today than nights like last night, I’ll be happy


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s